Sunday, April 26, 2015

Hex is back and working.

Yes.... it was hard work to fix it but it all went without any problems and surprises.

First I had to repair the three broken rods by ramming 19 mm stainless tube in:


Aluminium parts are repainted:

During the rainy weekend I've manufactured the new set of wires. Long slow process and almost 60 m of wire.



Early this morning (nice and sunny and only light breeze) I've carried all the gear to the roof and started the assembly:






Had to use PVC tube for the P-clamp insulator, because the original rubber perished:




The Hex is taking shape:



Here it is:



Most amazing was that all bands have low SWR and I did not have any problems during the process.

73
P

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful day for it. Sounds like a little maintenance was due.

    ReplyDelete

The results of the Commonwealth contest were published.

  As I member of the team Australia 2, I was quite pleased with the result.