Monday, March 16, 2015

The RSGB BERU (Commonwealth Contest) was this last weekend.





Comments:

Not the best conditions.   Last year my score was significantly better.
10 m was poor.  The performers were 20 and 15. Some cream dripped from 40.  I think apart the great dip in propagation (which was forecasted by the VOAPROP) the average was good and when the band was open the signals were huge. Can't stop thinking that many stations were not interested in entering.
 
Some time was wasted by non BERU stations calling.  It was a flattery during
"slow" times, but made the rates lower when the pressure was on.
 
In every case the guys got their 599 and were happy.  It is much quicker that to explain that the test is only for Commonwealth entities. 
 
Some of the callers made me think that my signals were very good in non BERU areas too.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The results of the Commonwealth contest were published.

  As I member of the team Australia 2, I was quite pleased with the result.