Thursday, December 27, 2012

Visiting ham friends.

Yesterday (Thursday 27th) Heidi and I had the pleasure to spend the afternoon with Steve VK2TDX and his wife Alicja.  We had very pleasant barbecue (marinated lamb) and with moderate use of red wine we enjoyed ourselves.  Unfortunately I did not take any photos of the occasion.  Have to make up for it next time...

Well ... Today Steve and I decided to visit Barry VK2BJ who was the captain of 2012 BERU contest team to receive the trophies.  What a nice visit it was too.








Barry and Steve ... Notice the nice tower and the antennas.






Tilt Nally tower with 40 m dipole and Optibeam for 20, 15 and 10 m.

No wonder Barry can hear and work stations I have problems with (We are not very far apart geographically).










Barry proudly displays the BERU tophy... Australian team came second in the world.













Barry at his Elecraft contest station. K3 plus KPA 500 amplifier and KAT 500 tuner.







Everybody is smiling.




Here I'm sharing the limelight with two very nice guys... and excellent contesters.







It is very handsome trophy.







Yesterday morning I've received this "wallpaper" form US.  Nice surprise too.






No comments:

Post a Comment

The results of the Commonwealth contest were published.

  As I member of the team Australia 2, I was quite pleased with the result.