Thursday, August 23, 2012

Pactor 4 - SCS DR-7800 Dragon

I visited Horst VK2HL to have a look at the Pactor modem which he had on loan from James VK2JN.  I was very impressed be the performance of the machine.  It is very very good.


I'm very tempted to go and buy one... But the big question is: Do I really need the modem.  I use Pactor 3 a lot while we are caravaning in the Outback, but the existing modem is doing sterling job for the last  twelve plus years...
Not sure if I need one, but it is tempting.

While there we played with the KX3 and I could say that Horst was also very impressed by the little radio..


The latest rumor is that Horst VK2HL is getting one too...

1 comment:

  1. So, it seems the MWRS KX3 club is growing nicely... :-)

    ReplyDelete

The results of the Commonwealth contest were published.

  As I member of the team Australia 2, I was quite pleased with the result.