Thursday, August 30, 2012

KX3 on Barrenjoey Lighhouse

"How about a walk to Barrenjoey at Palm beach?" I had suggested to Heidi on Thursday morning.


I've put water-bottle and the KX3 into the rucksack. And so we went. After all it was very nice day.

The National Parks rangers repaired the track to the top (thank you rangers) and the walk is very easy now.

The views are sensational.  The area must be one of the most attractive around Sydney. A must on any tourist list.  If you have visitors... You have to take this walk.










Upon arrival to the top the Lighthouse greets you.  Ah... what a photogenic sight.







I've unpacked the KX3 and called Matt VK2ACL on SSB.  He had a little problem to copy me on 7045, but we exchanged reports and then switched to CW (of course).





There was a small family having a picnic and most obviously there were questions.
What are you doing?
What are the diddly sounds coming out of that "thing"?

Pure good fun in the sun....!!




The antenna packed and ready to take home.  I think there is room for improvement, however the concept is good.














Heidi reading the local information

No comments:

Post a Comment

The results of the Commonwealth contest were published.

  As I member of the team Australia 2, I was quite pleased with the result.